I've had an incredibly busy last two weeks!!!! Wow! I took the kids camping last weekend myself while Kevin worked. We had fun with my brother and his family. The kids liked the big tube he has to pull behind his boat. I got on my roller blades that I bought 13 years ago and had a lot of fun. Once, Caleb told me to quit smiling so much. Guess I don't do that a lot! :( The Sunday we were done camping we drove straight to Vacation Bible School. What a blast!!! It was a GoFish theme. Anyone ever hear of the singing group GoFish? They had some songs quite a long time ago that were for a regular audience. I really like them because they sing acapella. Well, back at swim lessons Jana was telling me about them and I thought they were more pop now and teeny-bopper type music but Christian. I said I'd never purposely buy their stuff! I just thought they were not going to be what I wanted my kids getting into. I still don't like to get "into" anything in a real big way. I don't like fads much. Well, Wednesday night of VBS they came and actually put on a concert for the kids. I LOVED it! I recommend going to them if you ever get a chance. I recommend buying their albums, DVD, and anything else of theirs. If I could have I would have bought several things. We have a CD that they gave each family of kids at VBS and it is the most listened to CD right now. I know most of the songs! Go to www.gofishguys.com and check out their songs. Some of them you can listen to online. The "mom" song is great but the song about "It's hard to be cool when you drive a mini-van" had all of the adults at the concert busting a gut. I heartily recommend their stuff if you are looking for a Christmas gift for child or grandchild. If you buy one at $15 you can get any number of them for $5 each.
We've been canning green beans and peaches. We did 62 quarts of peaches in two days and that was pushing it and we went to a wedding. For us that is good. I have 7 lugs left to do. We looked up online if you can process it without sugar and found a couple sites that said you could so we have canned them without since Isaac still can't have anything with sugar. I don't think it will be a problem. The kids like peaches so much. My beans are doing so good. For each picking we have been getting 21 quarts canned and then eat them for 2-3 meals a week. My brother is not a real vegetable eater (only corn and potatoes) and we made up a big pot of green beans in his camper. He didn't eat even one. When my nephew woke up the next morning he said "It smells like Aunt Stephy's house." Cute!

No comments:
Post a Comment