I have been having trouble getting on the computer. Monday was just plain busy. Isaac started Lego robotics and it looks like a lot of fun. Tuesday we had an appointment to check his blood. Wednesday we had Dr. S. appointments (but not really because I came a day early). They fit us in anyway. Then I called the clinic to see when my appointment was and they said yesterday. Now I KNOW I did not make it for that day because I already had an appointment at that time. I'm not losing it that much! :) Thursday we were to another doctor and another clinic at 11:30 a.m. Left there at 2:30 p.m. Isaac was in the hospital (not serious) for a blood transfusion by 3:30 p.m. They didn't come type and match his blood until 5:30 p.m. and then it was another 40 minutes for the blood to come and then it took until 10 p.m. to finish it! Whew! What a week! I originally was going to finish painting the basement floor and put all the junk back by Friday so I could clean the house and have it ready for Lena's first birthday party Sunday. It didn't happen! So, my mom called today and I said, hey want to come help me clean my house. She dusted and vacuumed most of the upstairs. Thanks Mom! I hope to get a good amount cleaned out in the basement but I'm not hopeful. I don't think I ever went to sleep last night. I just couldn't sleep in case Isaac needed me. I don't know if you can have a reaction to a blood transfusion. Supposedly it would be in the first 15 minutes but he's so young and all.
Please pray for his hemoglobin to stay at a good level. This transfusion won't last I'm told. I'm sure if everyone I know emailed a prayer request to 10 friends we'd have an epidemic prayer request. Isaac also has blood in his stools again. I cannot express my disappointment and heartache at this. He was doing so excellent. I'm praying for it to go away and for God to direct and guide us and heal him. We do not plan to run a bunch of tests here but will ask for a referral to Mayo clinic if he doesn't clear up soon and if his hemoglobin doesn't stay up. Please pray for these particular things. Pray for sleep. I haven't actually slept in a few days and it gets so hard to do anything. We were going to start school Monday but our school room is still a disaster and so is most everything it seems. I'll see how much I accomplish tonight! Take care! God Bless!

No comments:
Post a Comment