courageous

banner

Monday, February 16, 2009

A pretty good day...

I wanted to write again on our day. Isaac ate supper at the table with us. I made him a modified version of the chicken vegetable soup we had. He couldn't have the biscuits and usually that makes him so upset he has to eat somewhere else and usually he cries because of it but not today, he sat with us and talked and was fine the whole time. Praise the Lord! He had one bowl of soup through the blender and one that was whole food (not through the blender). Please pray this is the right thing as we are doing this more and more. I cannot imagine eating only blender foods so I cook things very soft and he can eat it if he promises to chew it very well. Please pray that his body will digest his food properly and for him to absorb the nutrients. Please continue praying for the parasites to be gone!!! Thanks again for checking and praying.

Have I ever said how much I hate bowel movements?!? Well, I HATE BOWEL MOVEMENTS!!!!! He just had one and I just don't like them. They can bring on such anxiety, fear, and depression. I cannot wait for the day when I don't have to go look at it. Praying hard for that day to come.

We do have some other requests. Riah has such bad eczema and tonight she broke out in hives everywhere. She is just miserable. Bekah has a headache and isn't feeling good and a couple other kids aren't either. We must have picked up a bug somewhere. Please pray for God's healing hand upon Riah though. It is so hard to figure out an allergy to something if that is what is going on.

1 comment:

Lyd said...

Hey...I was catching up on your last week up posts.

It's so good to hear Isaac is doing better.

Moriah has eczema? The poor thing! I have a lot of problems with eczema on my arms, neck etc. So I'm trying to think of things I've done that have helped. I did find out that I have high allergies to dogs, cats, bunnies etc...do you think it could be animals? I also react to mold strongly and dust.

Anyway, one of the things that a lot of natural remedy books say is that you're lacking in vitamin B...now she's still pretty little so I don't know that she could take a regular tablet form. But I take a lot of a Vitamin B super-stress complex every other day and I notice that I don't itch when I do this...although the skin is still really rough. Maybe they sell it somewhere in a chewable form? I have no idea.

Non-scented creams are the best to use on sensitive skin as lots of times you'll be allergic to the scents etc. Some good creams to use are Vitamin E cream, or an Olive Oil cream, or (you can get this at Swansons on broadway in Fargo--they are an amazing store for any health products and the staff is so helpful) It stinks really bad but Tea Tree Oil Cream is really good for the skin.

Another thing you can do is right after she bathes or showers...don't dry her off...first rub petroleum type cream where she is dry to lock in the moisture she has from getting wet.

Maybe you're already doing some of this stuff...I don't know. I don't think doctors have many answers as to how to really cure the problem...the ones I went to about it only recommended things to stop the pain but not actually cure the problem.

Hope you're week goes well!

Blessings!

Lydia