courageous

banner

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Carrots and Apples...

Have I ever mentioned that we go through about 40 pounds of carrots and 40 pounds or more of apples a month just juicing for Isaac two times a day? The chickens get the pulp and peels so they benefit too. I hope our eggs are just a little healthier because of it. It's one thing he likes and we continue it because it gives him such instant live food. I used to juice for the whole day at one time but now juice each time he drinks it so that it is fresh as can be. I'm always hoping that every bit helps.

Isaac had a good day! He got up and got his food together again and did school and then we had a fairly hectic afternoon. We ran Jordan to town for drama class. We ran around trying to find this particular item for Riah's birthday on Monday. This is the first year I have not been ready with their birthdays. Most of them have birthdays right after Christmas and by October I usually have it all planned and bought, Christmas and birthdays. Well, this year was not normal so alas, I did not find that perfect gift. I don't like to add a whole bunch of stuff to our already stuff-filled house so usually the gifts are more useful for school or their room and such. Isaac lasted through the in and outs and is still very alert and talkative and happy! He spent money that was burning a hole in his wallet. He loves legos, and he bought some Star Wars legos today. Legos keep all my boys occupied for hours a day, better than video games! I'm kind of rambling tonight but wanted to share that we had another good day.

Keep praying for Isaac's body to keep healing. Pray for the parasites to be eradicated completely. Pray for his body to absorb the food he does eat and pray for his body to digest his food. I've been letting him eat most of it whole now, very soft, but whole. Praise the Lord that he ate supper with us (suppertime is usually the hardest for him) so double praises. Praise the Lord for his energy level. Praise the Lord for giving us another day.

No comments: