courageous

banner

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A more positve outlook...

Our day started hectic because we had chiropractic appointments again. Every Wednesday seems the same thing. Some went with, some stayed home. The day seemed like a downer with Isaac. He was so tired, real crabby and just not feeling well. It did a total 180 and he went to bed very happy looking, happy sounding and kind of energetic. I am so thankful. He had a real good attitude. A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit drys up the bones. That is somewhere in the Bible, can't quite place where. Well, the Doctor today told me how we really need to speak positively about Isaac's illness around Isaac. He noticed that in his office Friday both Kev and I were talking about it and Isaac was shrinking away. I hadn't thought much about it. I know I can be pretty positive when talking to him but when I talk about it to others in the family I'm not sure how I sound. He reminded me that Isaac needs to believe he will get better and a lot of negative talk will make him believe it's not going to happen or it's not going to happen for a very long time. I am going to take that to heart and change what I say when I am around him. I need to talk positively about it any old time. He is doing so much better than 5 weeks ago. It feels so hopeful and like recovery is really happening!

No comments: