It's funny how the day can dawn bright with sunshine and everything seems so good and happy and like nothing could go awry. When night comes it can be full of anxiety and darkness and the unknown. This is how I have felt a lot lately. I have mentioned this to a couple of friends and they have known the same feelings. It is a lot like the Lord; bright, shining, hope, promise, goodness and just. The night is dark and fearful, hopeless, opposite of the light. God tells us in His Word in many places to be like the light in this world. I am praying for God to continue to show me how to do that and run from the darkness.
For our journey with a child's illness night brings bad bm's, blood, worry, weakness from the day's activities, upset at not eating more foods and more. Tonight I asked Isaac what he thought if God ordained this to happen to him. He replied he knows God did. I was surprised and asked what he meant. He said he can see God working already in our family. Wow! Wow! It was a challenging mealtime and he's upset because we ate some things he can't right now so I did not expect him to be OK with his illness. Of course he's not OK with it but he accepts it has brought about some good. Praise God for His work.
I have to say how humbled and blessed I have been today. I know that the person reads this blog who I am going to lift up but I just want to tell everyone what a burden was lifted by her incredible gift. I've tried to thank the Lord for this gift but I end up in tears. I didn't realize how much of a burden it lifted until I tried to thank the Lord for it. We had a girl come clean for a couple hours today as a gift from this friend. She plans to come a few times. She did a couple jobs for me today that I wanted to do before the baby was born and not getting to them was really weighing on me and I hated going in those rooms because of it. Thank you!!! Also to another friend for the many food items that helped lift the burden of mealtime. Also to the friend who keeps watching the kids while I take some of us to the chiropractor every week. Also to the person who left money on our counter the other night. God just keeps on saying; " I got it covered just take care of my son."

2 comments:
Wow. It is amazing how we can see God in all our circumstances. I am in awe of your son's faith.
I'm sorry you are walking through such tough stuff with your son's health. It sounds very similar to what we deal with, but for us, it's all five children.
Post a Comment