courageous

banner

Saturday, March 17, 2012

What a beautiful day...

 We enjoyed our day by working outside a WHOLE MONTH before we would normally even begin thinking about it.  70 plus degrees was wonderful!   We got manure spread on half the high tunnel ground and Kevin is seen here tilling it in. Green grass is growing there in the middle.
 Here's a picture of Kevin tilling in the asparagus patch and way in the back is a merry-go-round full of kids.  We had 4 extras here today and they enjoyed playing outside most of the day!  :)
 I got 3 rows planted in the tunnel.  I got three kinds of beans, two kinds of beets, spinach, 2 kinds of lettuce, and 3 kinds of summer squash.  I sure hope they come up!  It was over 100 degrees in there today and we had to roll up one of the sides to get some air.
 Here are the completed rows.  I left a space in the way back for some strawberries I'm going to plant and the row on the far left is going to be cucumbers and peas when we get the trellis situated correctly.  The lines are soaker hoses.  Tomorrow I have to get the outside hoses hooked up and get it watered well.
I am attempting to grow some plants in containers.  I planted some cucumbers and zucchini last week and here they are tall and spindly.  I planted some tomatoes and peppers today.  I don't do very well planting them this way so I hate to spend the money trying but thought the tunnel might give me better success.  I hope!

No comments: