courageous

banner

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Market CSA's

I know some of my "readers" are in the area so I'm going to let you know about a local opportunity you or a friend of yours have to get fresh produce each week without having to grow it yourself.  CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture.  A CSA is a partnership between the farmer and the consumer.  You purchase a CSA share from the producer (me or someone else at the market) and you get 5 or 10 pounds of fresh picked produce each week for 10 weeks.  A full-share costs $200 for 10 weeks averaging 10 pounds per week.  A half-share is $105 for 10 weeks averaging 5 pounds per week.  The Twin-Town's Farmer's Market (Wahpeton, ND) has several more shares available at this price.  After March 31st, the price increases to $225 and $120 respectively.  You can request more of some produce and request that none of certain produce be included.   There are lots of options: adding fresh eggs for  $25 (full) and $13 (half), Bread $70 (full, 2 loaves/week), $37 (half, 1 loaf/week), Beef or pork share, chicken share or even add rabbits to your fresh, local CSA (these are all optional).  The best thing is your produce is fresh picked, local and hasn't been picked before it is ready and ridden in a truck across hundreds of miles.  Most people pick up their CSA at the market Thursdays starting in July from 4-7 p..m but if you were to sign up with our farm for yours we could work out a delivery plan if you are in the area. 

If you know anyone interested you can direct them to me by phone or to  www.twintownsmarket.org.

1 comment:

Sunnysidemom said...

Well "Hi" to you too! :) I wanted to take the girls to the Family Night, but as we left to go eat, I realized just how tired I was. Ha ha...so we just went back to the hotel and crashed. I love to hear the Froemming family sing...I bought their CD the other night. I liked the one they did last year..."Where the Soul Never Dies"...so good! Some very nice ladies I had the chance to meet...there in your picture. I had met Kim before at Annalisa's. I loved looking at some of your pictures of the kids! I like the one labeled "Having Fun"....formal, but fun!!! :D Well, back to the homeschooling day!