I implemented a D.E.A.R. program at our house so that I could walk on the treadmill at least once a day. Usually I try walking when kids are getting going in the morning and doing chores and starting school. I end up getting on and off the treadmill a few times and even talk so much to kids about school that I'm out of breath to finish my walking!!! When I was in elementary school they started the D.E.A.R. program and I loved it! You never knew exactly when they would announce it (I think once a week or else once a month) but it stands for Drop Everything And Read. We now have D.E.A.R. for 15 minutes while I walk and I walk in peace!! :) It's so great and the kids love it like I did when I was a kid.
Egg Fu Yung. This was lunch yesterday on our "diet". I ground raw chicken in my food processor, shredded about a cup of carrots, chopped an onion and added 6 eggs, mixed it all up and fried it on the griddle. The kids really liked them and would have eaten more but there was only one per kid. We had it with mixed veggies and warm applesauce sprinkled with cinnamon!
For supper I made spinach roll-ups, another one of our favorite foods on this diet. We cooked up hamburger with onions and peppers and cumin, salt, pepper and garlic. We steamed a package of spinach. We added these together in the food processor and blended. We made crepes with eggs and coconut oil and put the filling in the crepes and topped with avocado and salsa and yogurt. Mmm! Emily made these squash buttons. They were just squash, eggs, cinnamon and honey. The kids ate all of the food up and we had no left overs :(

No comments:
Post a Comment