Yesterday, amidst an already busy morning, my stove decided to blow. It gave more like a little pop but it did blow the whole thing; stove top and oven. I was making up two egg bakes; one for the kids staying home to bake for lunch and one for the kids going to town with me to have for lunch. Well, I left the kids at home with no oven because I wasn't prepared to take everyone with me. It worked fine since we have cheese, crackers, and fruit. Their supper was hot dogs on the grill, fruit salad and a lettuce salad. Thankfully, this worked out and was a load off my mind being gone all day.
After the stove blew, I had 15 minutes to leave for town for lessons and for Jordan to teach lessons to her students. I got online and looked on Craig's list and found a "new" stove, wrote the number down and called while at Em's violin lesson. The first stove I called about was 13 years old and only owned by a retired couple. I made an appointment to see it last night and Kevin finished installing the stove at midnight. He had to take the cord off our old stove and put it on the new. It was so clean and neat. You could only describe it as "like new". The first owners were gone 6 months of the year south somewhere. The second owners whom we purchased it from didn't use it much and had an immaculate house. It is so clean, I'm afraid to use it. When Kevin was loading our stove on the trailer I told him to make sure to tell the guys at work that he took it from a customer's house! :) :) :) It was very dirty and a bit embarrassing. Yikes! I have pulled it out to clean it before but not for awhile. The kids dish up food from the stove top and spill all the time down the sides. I am sorry to say but I have other things to do than keep that clean :) Truly, I do not want to start canning applesauce on this new looking stove. I want to go on Craig's list and find a cheaper used one and put it in my garage and use that for canning. I'll try to be careful instead.
We are having an easy day of school and canning apple pie filling. I've done up 28 quarts already this week and the boys want to help me today. I do have sick kids though. My poor Gid John is throwing up. Pray for him and for the rest of us to be spared! We have some extra kids at our house and two of them have been sick too. Gid got sick on Tuesday and is having some sort of relapse after feeling good yesterday. I was hoping for a 24 hour thing. I like them better, predictable! God Bless and Have a Great Weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment