courageous

banner

Friday, December 4, 2009

Chicken nuggets...

We made homemade chicken nuggets for Isaac tonight and it was a big hit. There wasn't enough. I only had a little bit of chicken cooked up otherwise I would have made more. I started with making cooked homemade mayonnaise. It started turning out and in the end flopped but for this recipe it didn't matter. The mayo is made with egg yolks, lemon juice, water, honey, dry mustard, salt, cayenne and olive oil. Grind the chicken with a little of the mayo and make little nuggets shapes on a cookie sheet. Bake 35 minutes and out came chicken nuggets. Isaac really liked them. I liked them. They tasted like the real deal. I used a potato peeler and made noodle like strips of zucchini and sauteed in olive oil and he salted and ate them with the nuggets. Gourmet food. I'm trying to increase the amount of food he eats and knew I had to dig into some new recipes for him. There are great resources online for his particular diet. I got online looking for pesto sauce and ran into testimonials on Healingcrow.com and most of the them were Crohn's/Colitis stories on how this diet was the only thing that worked for them, as opposed to supplements, medications, surgery, etc. I still know God is bigger than any diet. He just may use this diet to do the work though.

I feel a bit better tonight. Nothing has changed with Isaac. I was able to find some time to get into God's Word and read Joshua 1 and some of Hebrews 6. Thanks to a friend's call to help lift me up too. She was able to pray with me and encourage me. I was feeling like God had left me and after our call I was able to renew myself somewhat and look outside myself. Oh, to tread an easier path!

No comments: