courageous

banner

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

When life gets too hard to stand...kneel

I take this saying from a wooden sign in our dining room. My sister-in-law gave it to me. I'll be getting on my knees tonight, hopefully with my hubby by my side, praising God for the good things in life and asking for him to keep guiding us in this crazy roller coaster life he has us on. We went to Valley City today to see a doctor who is going to help me with my prolapse. He is a chiropractor who also works with acupuncture, lymph cleansing, and other things. My lymphatic system is messed up and I'm quite toxic actually. It didn't surprise me at all. I was having trouble with my thyroid during my pregnancy and I am so tired all the time. I always thought it was because all we are going through but that wasn't quite true. Well, I wasn't exactly writing about that.
On the way home Kev is driving our mini-van (gets better gas mileage than the 15 passenger so we take it anywhere we are going when there isn't many of us going along) and bam a deer wipes out the entire front end. The van is totaled!!! We were fine and able to get it home. The radiator is bent up and leaking. Driver's door won't open. It would not pay to fix a thing on it since it has nearly 200,000 miles, no rear heat anyway and other problems. Kevin said "Guess we can save the money on an oil change. (it was due for one)" We both just started laughing. What can you do when things just keep on happening? Why would this happen just now when we are at one of the lowest times in our life? Who can say? We know we aren't the first people to go through challenging times and we won't be the last. I prayed recently that God would show us how to be a blessing to someone else. I think I'll keep praying that to take my mind off my own troubles. God Bless and if you are feeling like life is too hard give me a call, I may be able to give you a pep talk or we could share stories.

No comments: