Today was wonderful. I didn't have to pep talk Isaac once. He had lentil soup in the blender and really liked it. We are going to make some more tomorrow. He is hungry most of the time. We are still seeing no stomach (colon) pains or cramping!! Praise the Lord. He was able to do school today and go up and down the stairs a few times. These are milestones and things we take for granted until you have a child who can't do it. God has given me a new sense. One that will be able to sympathize and empathize with others who are struggling through a difficulty.
We had a good "Christmas" celebration yesterday. It is always hard though for others to see Isaac in this shape and unable to eat meals with us. It is hard to see him upset because his food is blender food and he so wants to eat some real food. I can only say that if they lived what we have been living through they would have seen yesterday as a very encouraging and good day. Isaac actually took his blended cauliflower and yogurt and sat at the kids table and ate with them and their ham, potatoes, corn and blueberry dessert. He smiled and joked and didn't complain. This is not normal! We prayed the night before for God to give him extra strength to endure the meal and God came through for him. Isaac commented that God gave him the strength during the day but that it starts to lessen into the night. I am pleased to say he went to bed with all his strength tonight.
Thanks again for the prayers. We are waiting for the call for the Mayo Clinic. We almost don't think he needs it now but will go and get his hemoglobin up anyway. We keep praying for complete healing before we get there.

2 comments:
Woohoo! We are continuing in prayer! Let us know if the trip to Mayo happens and what we can do to help.
I am reading this fantastic book called Fiber Menace, recommended to me by a friend who writes nutrition articles for the Weston Price Foundation. It is fascinating!! I got it at the library. I think it would help y'all tons. The author is Konstantin Monastyrsky.
Post a Comment