courageous

banner

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Praying for Baby

Hi, we have the family profile copied 15 times and I just came home from seeing my cousin's three month old baby and have baby fever!!!! Oh, she was the sweetest thing. It will be a waiting game once the agency gets the profiles into the hands of some potential birthmothers. Plus, we need the money yet. I've been thinking all along it will just appear one day but now that the time is near we need to come up with it. As soon as I have a copy of the home study I will be applying like crazy for grants. Please pray for God to work in this area of finances for us. Kevin keeps taking extra jobs but the money just seems to go to other things, like keeping up with bills. We know if it is His will it will happen but also I can't sit around expecting God to just drop it on us. I'm trying to cut out little things that aren't completely necessary and that is hard. We don't live on too many extras now. Our biggest expense is gas right now and the kids are in a few things and they aren't things we are willing to cut, is that wrong? Well, we will trust and keep praying for God to show us what is next in this journey. I have to remember it is not my timeframe that matters.

On a side note about Isaac: He had more blood tests run to see why he is anemic and they set up an appointment for a stomach specialist, the earliest we could get in is Jan. 22nd. On Sunday, some of the board members at church prayed over Isaac and he hasn't had any stomachaches or headaches since. He did have a rash under both arms this week though. He also started on some multivitamins. I'm am specifically praying for guidance on what to do next, what foods to start eliminating. I can't help thinking it is a food reaction he is having.

God Bless You all as you start the week a few pounds heavier:) I really want to start a small workout routine. Maybe Monday!

2 comments:

Lulu said...

Last night at supper, Troy was encouraging kids to think about things they want to pray for. Our 3 yo impromptu prayed "Please help the Blazek's get their baby back!" I thought that was pretty cool!
Praying still!

Cheryl said...

Hi Stephanie!

I just read your comment on my homeschool blog about gluten allergies. I'm sorry I've taken so long to reply, I didn't see your message until now.

I have to tell you that, I, and many others test negative for Celiac, yet know that we can't eat gluten. You will know for sure if you keep gluten out of his diet for a few weeks. Sometimes it takes a year or so for the damage in the stomach to heal, but the only way it can is if you totally eliminate the gluten out of the diet.

I hope it all goes well and that you find the cause of your son's illness.

Blessings!
Cheryl