courageous

banner

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Home Study is almost done!

I talked to our social worker on Saturday. She is working on making the study sound as positive as she can. Now, that doesn't sound real good does it? She means related to the fact that we home school, live in the country and have more than the norm for children. She, personally, is very positive about our family and is doing all she can to make sure this works for us. It sounds a bit like a cult. You know, we stay at home to stay away from all the bad influences out there!:) It is how many social workers and birthmothers may view us if they don't know anyone who lives like this. We live in the midwest so there are many people who don't homeschool but who "live like us" (in the country, more than 3 kids, gardeners and have animals). It is strange because I feel so normal. I feel like we are raising our children in the most normal environment possible. We need to pray for this world and their view of what a "normal" family is. I still believe no matter what worldview is prevalent, if God has it planned for us to adopt it will still happen and to God be the Glory.

If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.John 15:18-20 (in Context) John 15 (Whole Chapter)

Do not marvel, my brethren, if the world hates you. 1 John 3:13

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. Romans 12:2

2 comments:

Brownie said...

Well, I hate to tell you - you aren't normal. :)

You're healthy. Unfortunately in this world the "norm" isn't healthy. At least in my opinion.

But I do know what you mean by saying you "feel" normal. I feel normal; however it was pointed out that my life is anything but....

Laura Lu said...

You guys are a super fun family! For being a big, homeschooling, garden-growing, adopting family...you guys are super cool! You are not "out there" like so many others! :)