I am writing with a heavy heart. I received an email yesterday morning and the review committee recommended we not adopt from CWA until our baby is six months old. I was surprised at how hard it hit me. I feel like I am grieving. We didn't anticipate any problems. We are so normal I thought. How could we not be allowed to continue? I said before the email that it is in God's hands. He is in control of this and we need to follow Him in His timing and what He has planned. I have trouble with control issues. I did think it was OK to appeal to them one more time to ask them to re-consider. I laid out why clearly and concisely and asked they contact our home study social worker. They emailed back saying no, we made a unanimous decision and stand by it. The hard thing about this is Ethiopia is in the middle of changing their requirements for how many children can be in the home already. It sounds like they will change it to four. By the time our baby is six months old we won't be able to go through Ethiopia. It has been hard for Kevin and I because we recently settled on a family with three girls and now it can't happen. We have to accept this and will continue to call on the Lord for guidance in to what should we do now? We will complete our home study and see where to go from there. Please pray for us through this "grieving" process. It is a learning experience.
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Matthew 6:33-34

3 comments:
Hey guys .... just want you to know we love you and we'll continue to pray for you as you keep seeking the Lord about the future. Know that we're here ... we can't fix anything, but you're not alone. Big hugs!
The Roberts Family
I have been following your blog since you first posted. I am in the middle of my homestudy and also have a large family. We have six boys. I am believing for myself, and now, for you too, that this 'proposal' *will not* go through. There is no guarantee yet, so hang in there! Keep praying and believing!
Blessings, Justine
Oh Steph...I know all too well the greiving that takes place once you have dreamed these children into your family. You love them in your hearts as if they were your own already. It is fine to grieve them.
The pain does bring about growth, and without trials we really do not grow. He is doing a good thing...even though it doesn't feel like it right now. We don't understand how we set out on these adoption journey's thinking it will happen a specific way...but God knows what He is doing! He is asking for your obedience in opening your hearts and your home to more children. You are obeying Him to be a father to the fatherless.
Remember that before the foundations of the earth were formed by His hands, He chose the specific children that He desires to place into your family. He is Sovereign and will see that through as you continue on in obedience.
We are in the same boat of waiting on Him to reveal His plan to us, and being still before Him in the unknown. His ways are not our ways...and we can not understand why things don't work out...someday we will!
Love,
Laura
Post a Comment