Well, it seems my week has been full enough of disappointments. I am sad to say I have miscarried our baby. I wonder of God's plans in all this but will trust Him to guide us through this difficult time and lead us toward healing in body and spirit and to give us a closer walk with Him. I feel so much stronger emotionally than the last time we miscarried two years ago. Jana came with lunch and companionship today and the many calls have truly been an encouragement that I'm not alone.
We heard we couldn't adopt from where we wanted to because we were pregnant. Well, the agency sent the money back, which they usually don't do. Now that we can adopt I have learned Ethiopia will longer accept families with more than four children so we have been saved some parts of the process and expense. I am going to give myself time to heal and think about our options. Zambia is another country that currently doesn't have a family size requirement. It requires you to be over there possibly three weeks. We will see and I know I will be more reflective and seeking God's will more intently. I am not sure what he wants for us now for an adoption. It might not be what he wills for our family.
Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:21-23

4 comments:
I am so sorry about your baby. I know the loss that you can feel from that! I will be praying that God will carry you through all of this and will make His will known to you!
I would just like to make a note to you about the family size restriction. We have been informed by our agency that this is still just a proposal that has not yet even been taken before the Ministry of Women's Affairs. WHEN it goes before the MWA it may not even be put into place. We will not know that for a while - possibly a year. If you want more information on this let me know.
Blessings to you and your whole family through this hard time.
Justine
Oh Steph...HUGE HUGS, my dear!
Take time to grieve and heal...and when you are ready to talk adoption, I am always here for you. I know of an agency in Liberia that you might be interested in, and can give you that information if and when you might be ready.
Praise the Lord for the agency giving you your money back...God is so good in all of the details!
How are the kids doing with all of this? I'll be praying for them...
All my love,
Laura
We were so incredibly sorry to hear of your loss. Know that we are praying for you, both for healing in every way ... and for wisdom of how to procede forward. Trusting with you in God's sovereignty and that He Himself will be your shelter during this time. Big hugs to you guys, from the Roberts Family.
Stephanie,
Sharla doesn't have an account and asked me to post for her:
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your baby. I will keep you and your family in my prayers over this next little while.
We have five children and are in the process of adopting from Ethiopia. Our file is currently at Foreign Affairs in Canada and then will be sent to Ethiopia. We are nervous about the rumoured family size restrictions but have been dreaming of this baby for so long that we are choosing to go ahead in faith. If God has already chosen our child for us and she is in Ethiopia, then He will find a way.
I wish you the blessings and peace of the Lord as you go through this difficult time and as you consider the future.
Sharla
www.annegirl.typepad.com
Post a Comment