OK, come on. We are under the poverty line today according to the Immigration Services. Us, who are so richly blessed with everything we could need. It is amazing to me what poverty is considered today. I was trying to apply to CWA and had to stop because of the question about our income. I called CWA to confirm this and it is true. There is a way around it though, so we are relieved. It is because of the number of children we will have. I guess they believe you have to make so much a year per child to be able to provide for them. I guess they don't take into account that we make most of our food from scratch, grow it ourselves and buy most things from thrift stores or rummage sales. Or they don't take into account that most riches aren't in the things we can buy or afford but in the Lord Jesus' gift of life. For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich. 2 Corinthians 8:9 This world does make it difficult, let me tell you but a lot can be gained by being joyful with what you have and not always trying to have more than you need or can afford. Granted, we will have to do a bit of fundraising to bring these children home, and we know it will not be easy but this is the desire God has given us. Delight yourself also in the Lord, and he shall give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4 Now we believe this to mean God will give you the desire for certain things not give you everything you desire or want. I think we need to quit wanting everything we desire and start desiring the things God wants for us.
Lindsey came and did our second half of the home study. We had a great time visiting about our kids and our goals for our kids and lots of things. She's a beautiful person who cares about these kids finding a good home. We are thankful for God using her for this purpose. It will be some time until she gets back all of our background checks and fingerprinting and then she'll write up the home study and we'll be set for this first step. The kids did an awesome job helping clean out our house of junk and rummage sale stuff and get it back in order before she got here. We are almost packed for our camping trip tomorrow. We are going just for the weekend to my Dad's in Wisconsin. My Aunt Lois and Uncle Wayne will be there as always and we can't wait to see the pictures of their first grandchild. We've been replaced! Some of my kids have already been calling her grandma. The best part is they are all providing the food and cooking it. I am just buying some snacks. God is so good. Have a great weekend!
Let us give glory to the One who deserves it and not depend on our own strength.
Two things I request You (Deprive me not before I die): Remove falsehood and lies far from me: Give me neither poverty nor riches--Feed me with the food allotted to me; Lest I be full and deny You, and say, "Who is the Lord?" Or lest I be poor and steal, and profane the name of my God. Proverbs 30:7-9

No comments:
Post a Comment