courageous

banner

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"Aroma" of our home

I had a wonderful faith filled Saturday last week. I want to share a bit of what I learned. It was a day planned for women, home school mom's, to be encouraged and to laugh and even cry. The day was laid out with various speakers. The one that made a large impact for me was the noon speaker. The title was "The Good Wife". What is the "aroma" of our home? was a question posed. As the mother of a home I set the tone for how most things go and are run. If mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy is a very true statement. I have seen this in my own home. I can take things from good to bad in a very short amount of time. How are we building our house? A house is the structure but a home is the spirit. I try in any way I can to not complain when I am doing something I don't like (like dishes, yuck). I sure can complain though when children don't listen to me or fight with their siblings. I can get downright mean about it. The Lord is working on me about this. Another thought I was left with was we need to feel it a privilege to feed the spirits of our children and to feed the spirits of our husbands. I learned I can't overlook their hopes and dreams because I want mine fulfilled first. My dreams sometimes only include a clean house with no laundry in the baskets but how do I act to get this accomplished.

Proverbs 14:1 The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish pulls it down with her hands.

No comments: