courageous

banner

Friday, August 3, 2007

Praising the Lord

Hello, it has been over a week since I posted. I have been busy canning!!! Since getting home from our trip I have canned green beans, peaches, pickles, pickled okra, peach jam, and chokecherry syrup. Right now canning food is the only thing I am doing to help out with our adoption. I am canning more than ever to help lower our grocery bill for the winter months. We are also eating from our garden daily. Today was a wonderful treat, cabbage! We all really liked it and it was a bit different color than the store's. Brighter somehow and more attractive. My cantaloupe is near ready, some 30 are out there. With gardening keeping me so busy and doing daycare for three sometimes seven extra kids I can do no more right now. My friend Jana is leaving tomorrow on a trip in the bus. When she gets home she is going to help me brainstorm fundraising ideas. We're still working for our home study and other things have gotten in the way of that. Kevin is finishing up a job and may have two more to do soon. He is working so hard for us and for these kids. I am appreciative of his hard work and love him for his love of us and these children. He loves these children and wants so much for them to be home with us. God will see us through and we are praising him for the wonderful ways he provides for us. We love our big family. It is true rasing a family can be a challenge financially and having more children will add to that and if we can't even pay for the home study why do we think we can raise these children but we believe with all our heart that we are called for this. These children need us to keep believing that. God keeps showing us his provision and we have everything we need and then some. I love the Lord so much and love how he came into my life when he did. The kids just finished Vacation Bible School last night and one of the songs was Praise the Lord. It aptly describes how I feel about the Lord's work in my life and my family's. God bless you all.

Let everything that moves and everything that breathes;
Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord.
From the rising of the sun to the time that it goes down;
Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord.

No matter where you are, no matter where you've been;
Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord.
Let everthing that walks and everything that runs;
Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord

Chorus: Praise the Lord
Come on let's Praise the Lord
Let everything that lives sing praises to the Lord
Praise the Lord

1 comment:

Laura Lu said...

AMEN!!!!! Just keep pressing on! He owns everything and He will provide for our every need!!!