Kevin took the day off Wednesday and spent it outside assembling our high tunnel before the possible freezing temperatures last night. It was a very long day for Kevin, Isaac and Caleb. Kevin started at 7:30 a.m. and finished about 11:30 p.m. with 2 fifteen minute breaks.
They finally got to putting up the poly on the ends while the sun was still up.
My dad (Sam) and my brother came over to help get the poly on. I should have taken a picture of the two vans parked on either end so we could stand on them to pull the poly over the top. A neighbor also came over to help.
Finally, in the dark of the night the top is getting secured on with wigglewire.
Emily and Kevin are working by headlights. It paid off and the plants were all saved although it looks like it only got to 34 degrees. Today it was about 80 degrees in there. My tomatoes will love it. I had a good day at the market again so maybe next week I'll have a ton of tomatoes and do really well again! It may be the last market day so I sure hope we do our best day then.

No comments:
Post a Comment