Here is Lena doing her "school". Emily has been teaching her to write her name. She is a noisy student who talks the whole time, hard to do math with her around. She hardly stops talking during the day and has said some cute things. Gideon bumped her ear yesterday and she cried to him to say sorry to her. Then she came to me and told me she needed garlic in her ear and a kleenex (that's what we use for an ear ache). The telephone guy was here trying to figure out why we didn't have an internet connection and we were doing school. She was looking at a book about Martin Luther and saw a picture of Luther praying and folded her hands, said "Dear Lord, You (pause) are (pause) nice. Amen." He looked at her and I wonder what he thought!?! She sure makes us happy!
My computer won't put this right but thanks to two friends telling me in the same week that they had eggplant parmesan and liked it because Wow, was it good. We made it last night and it was so tasty. Of course the eggplant is dipped in egg, then flour with crouton crumbs (can use bread crumbs), and fried in oil before you use it so it doesn't really resemble eggplant. We used bought spaghetti sauce. I could have used home grown tomatoes and made a home made sauce but I was canning raspberry jelly and the stove was busy already. I got 25 more jars of it! Pray for a good turn out at the Farmer's Market this week. We did so good last week, it was exciting to see some fruits from our labors.
Here is our garden/home made supper last night. Eggplant parmesan, garlic herb bread, tomatoes and cucumbers. I had two kids try it and then couldn't eat it because of the idea of the eggplant. I don't think they gave it a fair shake.

No comments:
Post a Comment