Here are some interesting tutorials on making water kefir... I am old school and if it is working and I like the taste I stay with the same old recipe. I am interested in trying these different tecniques though.
http://zoevblog.com/2010/03/17/what-is-water-kefir-and-how-to-make-it/
www.nourishedkitchen.com/water-kefir/
http://www.waterkefirgrains.com/
It explains some health benefits in water kefir grains.com and the zoeblog is real good. It does not explain when to drink it; before a meal, with a meal or after a meal. Since in assists digestion I drink it with a meal and it is refreshing. I prefer it to soda pop now as soda is too much sugar and leaves me with a gut ache usually. Water kefir detoxes and is supposed to help cut down cravings for sugar. When I first started drinking it I had a noticeable change in how I felt after eating. I've been drinking it since last June so my body is used to it and sometimes even craves it. It is a good alternative to milk probiotics. I can eat yogurt but don't prefer it. Have a good day!

1 comment:
Thank you for the link referral to my Water Kefir Blog. :-)
You are correct that I have not specified when to drink it on there. Usually, I send all my grain buyers an 8-page comprehensive manual that explains everything they need to know about making and consuming water kefir.
We don't have a specific drinking time in our family. We have it with meals or between meals. Also, I like to throw some extra grains into my green smoothies for added probiotics.
Post a Comment