courageous

banner

Friday, December 17, 2010

Miscellaneous life...

Here is Dakota who came in one day to take a nap. Lena laid her dolly by him and covered them both up. If the door is opened, in comes the puppy and lays down in the middle of the living room. We think he discovered it's the only way we'll let him stay. Once he starts to wander we put him out.
Lena has learned to dry the dishes. She likes to dry the dishes and did quite a few of them one day. She is never without a cheesy grin when a camera is pointed at her.

This is today. Lena loves feet, especially mine. I was sitting down with my foot under my leg. She came up to it hanging over the chair and hugged it and snuggled her face into it. She has done this as long as I can remember. She frequently holds my toes while she sucks her thumb and I'm preparing a meal. It is strange and endearing.

I have not gotten any cleaning jobs yet but have not given up. Kevin has hung two signs in the town where he works. We will see what happens. I am not that anxious to work anymore than I do but a person does what a person needs to sometimes.

We are studying the Medieval time period in history and are reading a book called Shakespeare Stealer. A boy who has not been treated well his whole life (seems to be a recurring theme of this time period with a setting of England) is expected to steal a play of Shakespeare's by copying down all the words while he listens to the play (he was taught a special kind of shorthand that no-one else knows). He does it but it is stolen and now he's involved in the theater and is beginning to like it and to make friends. We added a bit of geography today to the lesson and it has inspired my boys to make their own maps of the British Isles and label with colored pencils. I love it when learning inspires more learning. Most days my kids put the school away and they are done!
Praise God for a beautiful day, for macaroni and cheese made with Velveeta, for a cleared out driveway (was a little interesting driving on it and the township road yesterday), for kids who want to be up at 6:30 a.m. to get to their school, and for all those blessings that I don't always recognize.

No comments: