courageous

banner

Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy Birthday Gideon...

My Giddy John turned 8 yesterday.

We started the day with cereal (not sugar kind, I've changed our old tradition of each kid picking out a birthday cereal of their choice, we had too much sugar lately and I couldn't do it with cake and ice cream coming up) Sub sandwiches for lunch to which the kids thought they were from Subway with all the choices for toppings and then the birthday dinner was Lasagna, home made french bread and green beans from our garden. We made ice cream cone cupcakes with hot cocoa ice cream. It was a wonderful day. Kevin was home early because of bad weather and we were thankful to have him here. He was even home for lunch as he and a co-worker were working in our area. I tried not to get another toy to have around the house and got Gid a lasso and steer head to stick on a bale. He seemed a little indifferent but come summer I have a feeling I'll have a real roping cowboy. Here are my two 8-year olds today. Tomorrow, Rebekah turns 9 so as tradition goes we take a picture of our two 8-year olds. We enjoyed Kevin home again and will have him at least two more days!!!! Our driveway is impassable and will be for awhile so he can't go to work! Yeah!!! He spent part of the day mudding the downstairs bathroom. We've entered the New Year together toasting with water kefir and goat's milk and are now trying to get children in bed.

No comments: