More than free! Five items were more than free. They actually took the extra off my total. Light bulb 4 packs are $2.44 (coupons totaled $2.50 off, bought 2) Airwick 40 hour candles were on sale for $2.99 (coupon for each one $3 off, bought 3). I made $0.15 on these items.
More than 1/2 price! Scott toilet paper (cost $3.99, coupons for 2.50 off each), TGIFridays skillet meals (loaded with junk but nice when mom is gone and kids need a meal) (Cost $6.29, coupons for $4 off each), Seventh generation dish soap and 2 Seventh Gen. disinfectant sprays (cost $2.49 each, coupons for $2 off each one making them $0.49), Vaseline intensive moisture lotion (2.99 each, coupons for $2.50 off each one), Ritz crackers (on sale for $2 a box, coupons for $3 off making it $0.50 a box), Glade candles, spray, and candle holders (5 of them at $2.50 each, coupons and gift cards totaling $8.50 off, final cost $0.80 each), Suave men's shampoo (cost $1.84, coupons for $1.50 off x3), Energizer 4 packs (cost $3.54 each, coupons for $2 off), Duracell 4 pack (cost $5.39, coupons for $3 off).
A really good deal! Diapers ($6.50 in coupons) Triscuit ($2 in coupons) Qtips ($1.30 each in coupons) Ziploc containers ($2.50 off both) Hershey's kisses ($3 off all three), Duracell 20 pack ($3 off)
Some of these things I'm putting in Christmas gifts. Isn't this just great! I love saving this much money!
This is time-consuming at times but I feel it is worth it. My kids are loving watching me save so maybe it'll make them frugal someday. I got the coupons from www.target.com, www.coupons.com, www.valleydealseekers.com, www.redplum.com, www.seventhgeneration.com and from the coupon inserts from the Saturday morning edition of the Sunday Minneapolis Star Tribune (I buy three of them at $0.75 cents each per week) I bought all these items at Target. Remember Target takes a target.com coupon and lets you use a manufacturer's coupon with it, usually doubling the amount off. Also, I stock up on certain things if they are a really good deal and then I don't have to think about them for a very long time. In our house, we consume, consume and consume! I wish is were so much less than it is.

No comments:
Post a Comment