I've had a lapse of time on the computer. I really don't feel we are involved in too many activities but it seems we are never home! For a little over a week we ended up with kids throwing up. It is funny how that works around here. It took about 9 days to go through the whole house.
Monday, Jordan and I with Rebekah headed out to my dentist appointment. I got smart and took along someone who could drive. Jordan drove all the way home (4 1/2 hours) and it was so very nice. As the numbing stuff wore off I was in some pain and it was nice to sit back and read a book. I now have a new crown on my tooth. On the way there we were pleased to stop at a thrift store in Bismarck and find three new skirts and two jeans for Caleb. The skirts were all priced the same ($4) and one of them had the tags still on them. The jeans were only $2.50 each. I've not found a thrift store this cheap for things that looked so new. Jordan has learned to alter skirts that have slits in them so I bought one for myself with a long front slit. I can't wait to see what she does with it.
The puppy, Dakota, keeps us busy. He is quite well-behaved but unfortunately, we are busy and don't spend as much time as we should with him and it is getting colder out and not too many people are eager to spend time out there. He sat and watched two John Wayne movies with the boys yesterday though. I was so glad they took the time to help train and spend time with him.
Jordan and Emily are working hard at their symphony music. Their concert is December 5th. This Sunday, the 21st they have a recital with their violin teacher so they have been working on that piece too. Jordan will play an extra piece at the Dec. 5th concert as she is in a trio with another violin and a viola. I love to hear the music around our house. Moriah is busy learning the piano. I've taken over as her teacher for this first book for now. She has learned 4 notes now. Rebekah has stepped up her violin playing and I am encouraging her to practice, practice, practice.
Please pray for a family we know moving to Kansas next week. Please pray for the finances they need to live there in December. Thank you and have a great weekend. We are planning to!

No comments:
Post a Comment