This is my motto this week. We are always getting ready to go somewhere. Today, it is AWANA. Yesterday, I took a 4 1/2 hour drive to a dentist in the Western part of the state. He is a naturopathic dentist and I had a tooth that needed attention pronto. It has actually been cracked a few years but starting in May the pain has been terrible at times and lately I lose sleep with the pain. I haven't been able to chew on it for months! Dr. J. was able to save the tooth without doing a root canal. It will still have a crown but the tooth will stay living which can be better for you than having it drilled out. I wanted to check it out anyway and see how it was different than having a root canal. I believe the cost was similar and except for the cost of the driving it should be the same. Only, I should have taken someone who drives with me. I laid in the dentist chair over two hours and the numbing didn't take so they did it again and I drove 4 1/2 hours home coming out of the groggy, headache feeling you have after being drilled into. The last two hours was a little challenging. My tooth still hurts but I believe it to be from all the shots I got and the pushing and drilling my mouth went through.
Some may not believe in this and that is OK but I also wanted my mercury filling taken out in a safer way. My dentist already scoffs this idea but I do believe through research I've done that mercury in fillings is not good for you and you absorb that metal in your brain for all your life that you have those fillings. Dr. J. takes precautions that you don't inhale or ingest any of the material during drilling it out. Dr. J. replaced the filling with a body compatible material and the crown will also be non-metal containing material. In case anyone out there has been looking into this you can call or email and get the info. I know there is a clinic like this in the Cities.

No comments:
Post a Comment