Kevin calls me Wednesday morning about 8:30 a.m. Normally, I delight in his phone calls but I had finally gotten to sleep after being up with Lena since 3 a.m. and the long day of driving the day before so I got to the point, "What are you calling me for?" He said he had some good news and some bad news. The good news was that we have some venison for the winter. I knew immediately what the bad news was: he hit a deer. It remains to be determined if his van is totaled or not! :(
Now, we can look forward to beef stroganoff and stew made with venison. We do enjoy slow cooking the meat with broth. Mmmm. God will provide! Kevin has been laying off all breads and eating mostly meat with veggies and we sure go through the meat so this was a blessing of sorts. I recently got 20 bags of steamer veggies for $0.75 each normally priced $2.02 each. They were on sale 4/$5 and I had 10 coupons for $0.50 off 2 bags and the store doubled each coupon to $1 off! It was fun to get them so cheap when Kevin eats nearly a whole bag in one meal. Coupons.com frequently has those coupons and so does the newspaper.

No comments:
Post a Comment