Psalms 68:6 "God sets the solitary in families:" Our family is planning on adopting. We believe God to be guiding us to this and wish to enlist prayer warriors to pray for God to "do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us." Ephesians 3:20
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Pressure is good...
Sometimes in your life when you are under pressure life is good or even better. At various times in my life I have been invigorated under pressure and other times (depending on the pressure) I've collapsed (so to speak). This week I am invigorated (I may crash later :) ) We have had the opportunity to have five extra kids 14 down to 4 stay with us and we eat meals on time, have the laundry caught up, kids all showered, school nearly done and I am sane!!! I am sitting here at noon in my pajamas wearing an apron helping Caleb with Grammar, listening to Moriah decide if it is really true that pink and purple are only girl colors (some kids believe they are), watching kids play with pattern blocks. I've hung out one load of laundry, washed 2 more, picked zucchini, moved our chicken tractor (with help), and helped 3 children get all their school done and am working on 3 more to be done by the time I have to run to town to drop some extra kids off, change oil, do banking, pick up a part for Kev, pick up my coupons, get a few groceries, get home to pick beans, freeze some zucchini, pack clothes and bedding for kids for family camp we are going to Friday to Monday, make up some food for Kev (who is staying home here to milk goats and work on projects around the house). Will I get it done? Probably. Could I do this every day? No! It feels good to feel like I accomplished something though. I tend to feel down when I don't accomplish all that's on my list. With 5 extra kids the house seems cleaner, the meals are nicer and on time, and I have read more books and done more activities with the kids than usual. Isaac just sat down to do his Grammar now. I hope you are all having a good week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment