courageous

banner

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

New room...

Here is the three boys' room after Kevin got the false ceiling removed, sheet rocked it, taped and mudded and then textured the walls and ceiling. He took the carpet out one night and it is ready here to be washed.

Here it is painted Curry Green, with Brownstone floor paint sprinkled with speckles, and Lambswool for the ceiling which is also on the window trim. The paint is almost an exact match to some of the green in the boy's camouflage clothes.

Here it is last night after the boys moved in their beds and other stuff. I found rugs at Wal-mart that have all the colors of their room in them! :) They will like them if the floor is cold this winter. At the end of the bunkbeds is an old "popcorn" table. I used it when I taught preschool as a sensory table. I filled it with popcorn and had all kinds of sand toys in it thus the reason it is called the "popcorn" table. We have filled it with legos this time. It is perfect! The boys had maybe 5-8 different containers with legos and now they are in one place. If they build some great creation they can set it on the top of the legos or under the table and maybe we won't have legos all over the floor. Maybe!

Here is a set of lockers Kevin and I picked up this summer outside the high school where we both went. They got new lockers and were throwing them out so we snagged 6 of them for free. The green doesn't show well with the glare but they really add a nice touch with the red color against the brown and green. Perfect for guns and jackets and backpacks and all their treasures so again they aren't all over the floor.
Here is another corner of the room. Another rug and dresser and then the closet. We wondered if we should make the closet bigger for three boys sharing but decided that would take a little too long and decided dressers and buckets would have to do. This year I bought 5 of the kids a set of 20 hangers in each a different color. So all of Gideon's clothes are on green hangers, Caleb's on blue, Isaac on black. This is so wonderful; I wish I would have done it sooner. One great thing about moving them again is we cleaned out all the clothes that don't fit and decluttered some. The excitement last night over moving in erupted into noisy boys who kept annoyed sisters awake for some time with their chatter.


No comments: