I looked back to last year's post on this day and I did write on the significance of today. I wrote the date today and it hit me that this is again the day Kevin proposed to me 21 years ago. I don't think a thing of it until I write the date. The kids want us to go out to eat Chinese since that's where he proposed so long ago. I'm pretty sure he's working a bit late and we have to drive Jordan every day this next week for symphony practice and three concerts so I'm not interested in driving somewhere tonight. So, I came up with a perfect solution; my sister-in-law works in town and she's going to pick up some Chinese food to go for us and if I have this right it is the same restaurant but different location as where Kevin proposed. I texted Kevin and said "the answer to the question is yes." "Do you know the question?" He had already thought of it! :) He thinks like me, celebrate all the anniversaries or at least recognize them.
A happier day it is too. Isaac was weighed yesterday and he is more than 20 pounds heavier than last year around this time. He still shows no blood! Praise the Lord! A really great thing to shout about is Caleb's maturing as a reader. He finished a whole section in AWANA in one night, there are 7 sections in one whole section and he worked real hard to say 8 long verses and finish all the other writing assignments for it. He really did the work on his own a little each day. I have had such a fight with him in this area. He is also reading a Hardy Boys chapter book on his own and finds it very interesting. He has struggled as a reader and I love seeing him come out of that and enjoy reading like most the rest of us.

No comments:
Post a Comment