courageous

banner

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Funny coincidence...

We were in the library again this week and a woman asked us if we home schooled. It seems us home schoolers can spot each other so easily and I wasn't even wearing a jean skirt. I guess it's the 7 kids (Jordan was in symphony) that were so very quietly going about their business. One other thing about home schoolers is the comments we get on how polite our children are and well-behaved. I just smile and think, "Have you got that wrong!" They haven't followed me all over Wal-Mart with six kids before. I am worn out by the end of it. I realize how little control I have over them in that situation. Or bedtime, or getting up time, etc. Anyway, we talked some and she home schools her one child, Frank. When we were getting ready to leave I went to say good-bye and she wanted to exchange information like email and phone (this is typical home school fashion also). She would like to get together sometime. At that moment I really looked at her and said, "Have you been to our house before?" We met a family with a little boy named Frank 3 or 4 years ago at the Jamestown Buffalo and the mom and boy ended up coming over for the day to see the animals and play. Can you believe it was the very same person? What a small world! We had gotten together the one time and didn't keep in touch since.

Praise God for no blood again today for Isaac! Praise that I'm feeling more myself. The hormone thing had me up and down emotionally for about 2 1/2 weeks, my poor family. I really changed my diet and exercise every day. I have a follow-up appointment tomorrow morning, which also happens to be Isaac's birthday. He is coming along with Caleb so we can go to the library afterwards. I hope to find some other fun thing to do for him on his 12th birthday as a celebration of how well he is doing.

No comments: