courageous

banner

Monday, April 28, 2008

Another day...

Another day, another week is going by. Last week I had so much trouble sleeping and so many headaches that I hope this week will be better. I am now 22 weeks along. The baby is very active. I must be in the "nesting" process because two weekends in a row I cleaned out lots of junk. First was my closet, again. Mother's do your closets become a catch-all? I gave back all the toys I took away for some reason. I really got rid of clothes I do not wear, like the bag of nylons I have had since college (17 years ago). I am not that person anymore, (size-wise). I took out a very large bag from my dresser alone and three boxes of stuff from the closet. I can actually walk all the way in, (it is a small walk-in closet). I also gave kids presents that I had bought them but tucked away a little too well. I just don't want them in there and I don't want to wait until next Christmas.

Then, Kevin started tearing into the girls room to make a closet in there and I worked on the job I have been trying to get the energy up to do for weeks. I threw away three boxes of math books, spelling books and English books. I looked through each one and cannot find a reason why in 20 years we will think looking at a 5th grade math notebook will be interesting. I threw away 4 boxes of just plain old junk. Why, oh, why do I keep this stuff just so I have to clean it out later?!? Please, throw the stuff away! If you question at all "why am I keeping something?" just throw it away or try to give it away. I have three boxes left of papers of the kid's drawings plus 40 boxes of other things. That's another thing, if you are going to keep papers from the kids write their name and the year on them. Emily helped me try to figure it out but I fear I will be throwing most of it away just because I don't know whose they are!!!!!

My counter is lined with all the books and stuff that belong to someone else. Everything borrowed is going back. The girls have been given the task of washing off the border in the baby room. Moriah and Gideon have enjoyed ripping it down (NOT because I wanted them too) and then I want to get in there and paint. I'll get it ready anyway, I'm sure Kevin will have to do the work. I'm getting a little big and it is difficult to bend over much. Jordan is fond of saying you can't take it with you so get rid of it. She is tired of the clutter too. I am just hoping I have the energy to keep it up because in a couple more months I won't be able to.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh, I have a Moriah also; there aren't many. Mine is 10.
Jenny