If I start a countdown now I'll be in for a long ride but each week is a milestone to me. I feel the baby kicking a good part of each day. He or she is very active. I had a doctor's appointment Thursday. My first one actually. I had the "pre-natal class" which turned out to be just an accounting of past pregnancies and such. She went over a bit of nutritional info which this pregnancy I may actually follow. My doctor visit was interesting. I've changed, he's changed in the 4 years since I've had a baby. He has been my doctor for 6 kids. He didn't quite agree with all of my nutritional offerings especially when he found out I'd been to a homeopathic doctor. "You have to be careful not to be taken advantage of" and "you can't believe everything you read" type comments.
Then came the part which happened nearly every visit with my last child. At your age, and with this number of babies you are at risks for etc., etc., etc.. I do understand there are risks and I should be thankful he wants me to be aware of them but there are risks in life and having a baby doesn't need to be so complicated I think. We are leaning towards having this baby at home. I have an ultrasound next month and then I'll call the midwife and set that ball rolling. Have a wonderful week. I am off to spend a few minutes in prayer, now that the children have all wandered in, we'll see how many I get! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment