courageous

banner

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Paperwork Pregnancy

My friend Laura is going through this process and she calls this stage a paperwork pregnancy. By the end of all the paperwork you will have a child or children in our case. Hers, too. She is adopting two beautiful boys from Haiti. Well, today I was able to complete all but 7 of the 22 items on the checklist. The most one check received was 13 sheets of paper. The least one got was 2. I have a thick folder. We have check-ups for the whole family and then two more will be gone and also tomorrow at the meeting we have with the home study coordinator one more will be gone when we pay the first check!:) I went online to the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and found out what we will need to consider before traveling to Ethiopia. It is a very thorough site with a link to every country and links to every possible sickness you could come in contact with. I made my list and now know what we will do before going over there. Tomorrow morning at 8:30 a.m. is our first meeting with God's Children Adoption Agency from Fergus Falls. Pray we completed the paperwork correctly. I'll let you know tomorrow how it went.

Galations 6:9 Let us not become weary in doing good for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

No comments: