I like to do something special the first official day of school but we were so busy back then and I couldn't think of anything to do for it so today is our "unofficial" first day of school. We went to a play called, "Humpty Dumpty is Missing". It was put on by the Fargo Moorhead Community Theater by area children. It was really quite cute!
Caleb Daniel waiting for the play to begin!
The stage and lots of other children from some area schools were there today!
Rebekah requested we go to Scheels and ride the Ferris Wheel.
Lena's first ride on a Ferris Wheel! She liked it but was a bit scared of it too. I was scared too and didn't really like the feeling that if I leaned back to far we would fall out. I didn't feel too secure. I probably shouldn't have been riding with Lena because she seemed to sense my fear and asked a lot of questions about if we would fall or not.
Jordan and Isaac!
We went upstairs in Scheels and played the shooting game.
After Scheels we checked out some thrift stores and then went to the new Costco store! I really like the store. I was surprised at the variety they had. I like to buy certain brands of gluten-free foods and certain foods from organic sources and they had those in plentiful supply. It should be worth the $55 membership fee, which they gave a $10 gift card for signing up before Nov. 4th so that brought the cost down a bit. We got organic cane sugar, organic frozen green beans, bunches of bananas for $1.39 per bunch, several gluten-free crackers and tortilla chips and some big bags of chocolate chips!!! I'm hoping with some self-control the chocolate chips will last the winter for us. To reward the kids for their staying power we got frozen waffles, too. They can't wait!!! I bet chocolate chips will taste good on those waffles :) Back to regular life tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment