courageous

banner

Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Good News...

The good news is Kevin will probably keep his finger...bad news is he got his hand caught between our van and the trailer yesterday. Surgery will be Monday or Tuesday.

The good news is they called it a break and not a severed finger...bad news is he is hurt and will be laid up for awhile recuperating.

The good news is he is a very hard working responsible-minded man...bad news is he wanted me to pick up sheet rock on the way home from the emergency room so he could finish the boys' room ceiling (so do you think he will be able to NOT use his hand during recuperation???!!??) I don't think so!

The good news is we met our family deductible already so any other doctor visits won't cost us a thing...bad news is we have a pretty high family deductible and it will take quite awhile to pay off along with our other financial responsibilities. :)

The good news is we are all in the house tonight...bad news is we all had to walk 1/2 mile because our van got stuck up to the running boards at the end of our driveway in mud on the way home from symphony. (Another good note is that Emily put all the kids' water boots in the van this morning.) Kevin and I were the only ones walking in our dress shoes.

The good news is my dad came with his tractor and got us out...bad news is the van is left at the end of the driveway.

The good news is we will all be getting some exercise as we walk 1/2 mile to and from the van each time we go somewhere...bad news is there is more rain forecasted and this could be for awhile.

The good news is we have a really good pastor and he gave a great sermon that I needed to hear (Kevin claims he wrote the sermon just for him but it's not true, it was for me:)...bad news is I'm a sinner and I'm not doing a great job of changing that. I need the Lord to help me with that. Great news is he doesn't mind!

I pray you can find the good news in life. Believe me, I have some challenges in that department of my life but right now I am thankful for many things and am thankful Kevin is doing so well. Please pray for good healing and God's peace upon us in all the twists and turns this life has given us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you all!!!
In all things give thanks!! you are really doing that, I am not sure I would be so obedient :) blessings dear!!!