courageous

banner

Monday, May 11, 2009

New blog

I have started chronicling our journey with a new way of eating. It is called the GAPS Diet and I started a new blog to share the day to day of the changes we are making in the foods we eat. I want to try to keep track of it myself and share with anyone else who has an interest in these things. We started the intro diet for the whole family 4 days ago and it has been a bit of a challenge eating soups everyday but we are seeing some changes already and are very encouraged. I haven't included every detail of the diet or the changes but some will come and for the sake of space I'll leave most out. So, if you wish to check it out go to www.landofgoshen10.blogspot.com . My girls have both started blogging too and they are both so sweet and I love them so much. You'll see why at www.inthevalleywithmysavior.blogspot.com and www.christismyvictory.blogspot.com. It will give you some different angles on the diet thing too.

Isaac continues to show improvement each week. Please pray for him to absorb more nutrients and gain more weight. I would like to see 10 pounds more on him and I would dance in the rain! (It's raining now). He went for a walk in the trees today and I gave him some chores (folding laundry) today. We have paid him a bit of money as bribes to get him to take some of his supplements and to get him to eat foods he doesn't like and he spent it all on a lego castle. Then he recently bought an army helmet and knife and now is not happy he doesn't have much money left. He is regretting buying the expensive castle. Buyers remorse Kevin calls it. Do we know about buyers remorse! Right now when money is so short around here I look around my house and have buyers remorse everyday. Why do we buy the things that we do sometimes? Anyway, Isaac wants a way to earn some money so I guess I'll find him chores he can do and he can earn some of it the way we all have to. I quit paying him to get well. I figured he should want it himself now. It was a way to get him out of the dark days though. At 11 years old getting a dollar a day is a cheering thought! He is a dear boy. I was praying by his bedside tonight and I was crying a bit for some reason and he puts him arm on mine and says "Mom, you're work isn't for nothing. I was able to walk thru the trees today and...." On he went telling me how his cramping can't even be called cramping anymore because he barely notices it and I was blessed I tell you. He doesn't care for soups either because he had to have them so much but he has endured the last 4 days like a trooper so I was telling God how proud I was of him when Isaac tells me how it helped him to go back to soups for a few days. He does seem different these last days. Please pray for continued healing of his body. Thank you!!! God Bless You all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you are looking for a really genuine and effective diet......Please check out the blog mentioned below, Its very informative !!!!.....Check it out m sure you'll love it.

http://staysharpwithdiet.blogspot.com

http://staysharpwithyoga.blogspot.com