Psalms 68:6 "God sets the solitary in families:" Our family is planning on adopting. We believe God to be guiding us to this and wish to enlist prayer warriors to pray for God to "do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us." Ephesians 3:20
Monday, May 25, 2009
My wonderful hubby...
My husband did something very unprecedented. He planned a surprise party for my birthday on Saturday. I turned 40. He called all my friends to see if it would work, bought food that we could all eat (since we are on the GAPS diet) and brought it to different places to have them cut up and prepare, had the girls clean the house as clean as they could, took the day off and had everyone meet him down the road. He took me by complete surprise. Emily says, "Mom, you've got to come see this." I tell her, "Just describe it to me." I was nursing Lena. I was visiting with a friend Naomi whom I thought was here because her husband was helping Kevin put struts on his van. Emily insists I have to see it myself. I walk to the door and there are all kinds of people driving in the drive and walking up the walk! I was a bit blown away. I didn't even care that I was wearing my old clothes as I was working in the garden. It was so much fun having everyone over to our house and to visit and watch all the kids play was grand. I was very blessed! I really needed that right now. It's been a long and kind of lonely winter. Friends have been great at calling and emailing during our struggles but when your life centers around a sick child, regular life kind of stands still. I go to doctor appointments and grocery stores. We haven't had a van to fit us all so I stay home from church, etc. It was great to take the day off and relax and enjoy. Thank you to all who came and called and loved. I love you all and thank you for caring so much about us even when I don't call you or email you, you are there calling me and checking in. God is truly good to us! I do praise Him continually for the struggles and for the joys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment