This was meant to be posted last week but alas computer trouble again:) The girls helped me while I directed. If you can see in the picture asparagus is a bit of work. You dig a deep trench of 18 inches. Fill some with manure or compost and fill with dirt and then goes the asparagus, more dirt and you leave a trench until the asparagus starts to come up. Then you keep filling with dirt. I did this last year and now we should have enough for our family to have this tasty treat. I don't believe there will be much for awhile to can or freeze but only for the kids to pick and eat. It takes a few years for it to establish itself and give you much yield. I am a little too far along in the pregnancy to dig like that so I was weeding the flower garden. I have since dug some elsewhere and as long as I go slow and small scoops I am fine. I will be really tired out the next day but it feels so good to be doing something. Tomorrow I'll post the boys with the strawberry bed.

No comments:
Post a Comment