courageous

banner

Monday, July 9, 2012

 The first official start of the summer market was this last Thursday!  It was a great day! 
 Isaac sold eggs.  Caleb and Isaac are in the egg business.  They are doing a great job keeping care of the chickens and learning how to wash and candle the eggs for market! 
 All the cucumbers sold except for about 4-5 large ones! 
 Jordan got some fresh herbs ready to sell.  About the last 10 minutes of market we made the first and only sale.  Sometimes you never know how something will sell.
 I didn't have tomatoes at market but I had some ready the next day.  I hope to have tomatoes at the next market.  There are quite a few about to turn.  Last night Kevin and I got some mesh to put on the sides of the tunnel to keep out the birds from eating the strawberries and now that the cats have discovered the ripe tomatoes I hope to keep them out too! 
 Jordan made this cute basket for picking her fresh herbs.
 Here she is cutting some herbs for market.  She dried the ones that didn't sell.
I didn't have eggplant ready but bought some at the market and last night Jordan made eggplant parmesan for the kids.  We had the leftovers for lunch.  I really like it but Gideon doesn't care for the texture.

No comments: