courageous

banner

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Not the way I planned...

 Here is Lena with tea bags on her eyes.  One of many home remedies used for the eye.

The two oldest are gone this week and it's not going as I planned.  We ended up not feeling great.  Some kids have colds that make them have a headache and are too tired to do much of anything.  I had hoped we would have some cookie baking, bread making, game playing days.  We do get our school done each day and the laundry and dishes stay caught up but not feeling good has me down.  I've got it in my head, throat, ears and sinuses.  I'm gargling with cayenne pepper and taking other stuff so maybe it's helping not to get worse.  Trying to keep Lena from touching her eyes and anything else is the worst of it!  She's got goopy eyes.  She's taking drops now so it should clear up soon. 

Jordan called tonight to tell me what they are doing.  They've painted a floor, played with the kids, played violin (Annie is a violinist too), put up and decorated their tree, written up Annie's Christmas cards (Jordan says she knows their address now :) ), washed a ton of laundry, and other things.  Tomorrow Jordan's friend Shauna is coming over and they going to a Hutterite colony to play and sing.   It's going way too fast.  I hope to get the house in shape Saturday to welcome them home so we can put up our own tree.   Rebekah and Moriah have been enjoying the girls' big bed though and now would like me to get them a double or queen in their room.  I've looked for one before on Craig's list so I'll keep that in mind again.  It would make their room half the size it is now with bunkbeds though.  I'm not sure they are ready not to have a place to play dollhouse and other things.

Have a Happy Friday!   We may take the day off so I can get the house in order.  We didn't take Thanksgiving Day off just so we could take it off another day!  :)   We'll see how the morning goes!



1 comment:

The Vander Vorsts said...

I hope you feel better soon!