We have ten days until the party. My house is a disaster and I'm sure I need a month to get it in order. I was tying up tomatoes today, mowing in the rows of the raspberries (my tiller gave out on me), mowing the neighbor's yard, cleaning for someone in town and nothing to help get my house looking ready. Thankfully, my friend Val came yesterday and painted the last room in the basement needing painting and painted my front entry. She called the night before and I told her that she didn't need to come. We would get it all in but she wouldn't accept no for an answer and I was blessed by her kindness. Her daughter Renae helped Emily wash most of the windows. Wow! I didn't realize we couldn't see very much out of them until they were really clean. I think I've washed windows in this house once in the ten years we have lived here. They are temperamental and difficult to do. Tomorrow's a busy day but Friday I hope to get that basement put back together and we can start cleaning the house. Jordan has been busy making buns and cookies for the party and got the strawberry shortcakes all done last week and in the freezer. It's coming together. My kids have been great! I'm so pleased to see them being helpful without attitude this last week!

No comments:
Post a Comment