courageous

banner

Friday, June 5, 2009

My life is not my own...

It now belongs to the great outdoors. I don't have a lot of time for anything but watering, weeding, planting, mowing, picking up stuff so that I can mow. Picking up stuff to mow can be quite a task. There are bikes, shoes, the dog's bones, rakes and other garden tools kids just dropped where they were done using them, hoses (about 400 feet of them in all places), buckets, the string from the hay bales, rope for tying out goats or horses, sticks, all the downspouts, strollers (there are currently two out there for Lena). It can take almost as long to pick this all up as to mow! :) Can anyone relate? or do I just have too much stuff? I am pretty good at putting everything I use in one particular place but it is challenging to teach that to 8 other people.

We have a few more things to plant. I am hoping to make today a fun day; kickball, badminton, Uno, reading books. I tend to have tunnel vision right now so I want to spend some time with the kids doing things that don't get anything done. It actually gets things done just not anything you can visibly see. It gets you talking to your kids and laughing and not making all of life about work. I've been praying about this lately. What is most important to me? What do I spend most of my time on? How do I behave when I don't accomplish all I want to in a day? I don't like myself much of the time when you look at it this way. I have to work on priorities; time with the Lord, time with the kids and balancing the things that need to be done.

Praise that Isaac is doing excellently! He is growing and improving so much. His color is great. The doctor on Wednesday was happy as can be about Isaac's progress. He wanted Isaac to thank the Lord, his parents and his family for all they did for getting him to this point. I said for him to thank Dr. S. Dr. S. said he didn't need thanks, Isaac's getting well was all the thanks he needed.

No comments: