The last time we had a baby the boys were all quite young and not too interested in any baby that was born. Well, now they want their fair share of this little girl whom they cried and fought about before she was born. They cried and fought that she was going to be a he. They really wanted a boy. Right now I was sitting at the computer checking emails when the two oldest boys decided she needed a diaper change. They were arguing back and forth on how to do it. Then they were getting after their other little sister about putting her finger in the baby's mouth saying "You didn't wash!" Then one was holding her while the other got the blanket laid out just right. They wrapped her up and walked around with her. They don't like that she is crying. One boy is saying "The little princess is crying."
I just fed her and am hoping she'll settle down, I was going to try to get a little more space between feedings. She'll go two hours or more and then eat every 20 minutes for a couple hours. It is quite sporadic. I'm not much into a schedule when I nurse but thought I'd try what I could. It was touching to my heart to hear these boys loving on her and caring about her so much. They call her cute, sweet, little and call me over to look at her cuteness quite often. Caleb took her on a tour of the house yesterday explaining all the rooms to her that she hadn't been in yet! She'll be well taken care of! :)

2 comments:
awwwww that is too cute!! There is something about having a baby in the house that softens the whole place :) Happy baby days!
awwwww that is too cute!! There is something about having a baby in the house that softens the whole place :) Happy baby days!
Post a Comment